Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

2014 Olympics (Hockey)

The 2014 Winter Olympics are ready to kick off! All the winter olympic athletes are traveling around the world at this very moment to compete and represent their country. Although all the sports are very interesting to watch, I am mostly focused on hockey because I love hockey. I think it is going to be an exciting two weeks of hockey with upsets from countries waiting to happen and I wish I was there to watch. I guess I'll just be sitting on my couch with all my friends watching the games which is still fun but obviously not as fun as being there. The one and only bad part about the hockey olympics is that it is right in the middle of the NHL season and there are no NHL games for a straight two weeks so teams that are on a roll before the olympic break can come back and do terrible and form a huge slump or maybe not, or a team that's doing bad could be doing terrible before the break and come back and form better as a team because of that break. So honestly anything can happen to any team during this long break. Anything can happen to any player like an injury of some sort caused in the olympics.  I wish every player, team, and country competing the best of luck trying to win the gold for themselves and their country! I am very excited and can't wait to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment